About This Course
This course will provide you with tips, techniques, and inspiration that will help you to create library displays that delight.
In this class you will:
- Learn the language of designers
- Explore examples of fantastic library displays
- Realize how to achieve the “wow!” factor with library displays
- Plan a library display, from idea to implementation
- Evaluate library displays
Valerie Colston, an Arts and Humanities teacher at the university level, is your instructor for this course, which was originally offered as a two-week course in January 2021.
How This On Demand Course Works
Infopeople on Demand courses provide an opportunity to take discounted versions of recent Infopeople courses, repackaged as asynchronous courses so that learners can take them any time. While instructors are not available for discussion or feedback, these courses are designed so that learners have unlimited access to materials and can participate at their own pace.
The course fee is $50. To pay by credit card, click on the "enroll in course" button above.
Questions? Please contact [email protected].
- Welcome to Unit 1!
- Watch/Listen/Read: "Valerie's Introduction to the Course"
- Watch/Listen/Read: "Think Like a Design Professional"
- Watch/Listen/Read: "Borrow Inspiration"
- Watch/Listen/Read: "Creating a Window Retail Display"
- Watch/Listen/Read: "Easy Online Book Display Ideas"
- Watch/Listen/Read: "Virtual Display Ideas"
- Watch/Listen/Read: "The Calendar and Library Displays"
- Watch/Listen/Read: "Planning a Display"
- Application Activity: Looking at Displays with a Designer's Eye
- Welcome to Unit 2!
- Live Session (62:52)
- Watch/Listen/Read: "Evaluating a Library Display
- Watch/Listen/Read: "How to Give and Receive a Good Design Critique"
- Watch/Listen/Read: "Preserve Your Work"
- Application Activity: Share Your Display Plan
- Course Feedback
- Congratulations on completing this course!
Infopeople: The Source of Online Learning
for Library People
Infopeople is part of the Califa Group, a nonprofit consortium of more than 230 libraries committed to unleashing the impact of libraries. Infopeople provides library staff quality continuing education opportunities that are tailored to library needs and developed by experienced library professionals. Training formats include 2-6 week online courses that include both synchronous and asynchronous components; on demand, self-paced courses; and free one-hour webinars.